How Coal is Used To Make Steel?
August 5, 2017 Holiday Packages 0
From iron age to the steel age we have discovered steel in many ways and got fascinated with its superior qualities. Steel has shaped the modern industry has become one of the cornerstones of world’s industrial economy. Today, the corrugated sheet suppliers in Dubai offers good quality of steel in high volume and consistent shapes and sizes perfect for large-scale and heavy-duty applications.
Steelmaking has flourished over years introducing new innovative techniques and the corrugated sheet suppliers in Dubai uses the most advanced methods. Steel is and an alloy of iron and to get the pure steel it needs to get its impurities eliminated. The iron ore obtained from rocks usually occurs in oxidized form and it needs carbon to reduce the ore. The coal does the job acting as a source of carbon. So, we can say that steel production is highly dependent on coal and coke. Now you might be wondering what is coke. Let us get deeper to understand about the coal and how it plays an important role in steelmaking.
- Coal Is rich in carbon and occurs naturally in form of rock. When plants and other organic materials get buried into the soil and undergo the geological process sedimentary rocks are formed. This coal is transformed into coke with carbonizing them on high temperatures for long hours.
- This coking procedure is done in a coke battery somewhere near the integrated steel mill. The battery has the ovens placed in the rows and is loaded with coal which is then heated to a temperature around 1100°C devoiding the oxygen in the process. Oxygen helps the coal in melting rather than burning.
- This high temperature drives off the impurities like hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, and sulfur. These impurities in form of gases are either burned off as the source of heat or are sent off to by-product plants where these are collected for reuse. After the coke gets cooled with the help of air and water, it resolidify, then the pure carbon is obtained forming small porous lumps. These are ready to store or to use efficiently in the blast furnace for iron making.
- Iron is combined with coke and fluxes and is further heated by melting it into steel and removing the other impurities. This is where the coke holds its importance in creating the steel. The higher the quality of the coke, higher will be the steel quality.
Make Zayn Steels as your first choice when you search for a reliable steel company in Dubai. They hold an experience of over a decade and are the leading and trustworthy steel trading company of Dubai offering excellent quality products.
- Travel Insurance Market is projected to touch +40 Billion by 2025| Leading Players CSA Travel Protection, USI Affinity, Seven Corners Inc., Travel Safe, MH Ross - Market Expert
- Travel Services Market at a Phenomenal Growth, Trends, Applications, Regional Analysis, Key Players Carlson Wagonlit Travel, Central America Travel Services, Regency Travel & Tours, etc - Rise Media
- Thai minister wants to promote medical marijuana tourism - TODAYonline
- From beer to pens, South Koreans boycott Japanese brands as diplomatic row intensifies - Reuters
- Security fears turn away tourists from Sabah's east coast - Free Malaysia Today